After many years of carrying stories, characters and images in his mind, R. L. found them revisiting him on a more frequent basis as the years rolled by; and beginning in 2007, it wasn’t a day that went by that the pull to write didn’t lure him back to the pen and paper. Looking for Sweet Love (2010) was his debut novel, followed by the sequel Black Coffee (2012, reissued in 2014). He is currently working on his third novel, The Art of Scandal (a story inspired by true events).
5 things women will learn about men from in Black Coffee:
1. Good (and bad) men come in all complexions, sizes & walks of life; sometimes you have to peel back the layers to find him.
2. Men can be strong on the outside, but quietly suffering on the inside. (When your man doesn’t talk to you.)
3. Men deal with trust issues (just like women) that can wreak havoc on a relationship.
4. Sometimes it’s difficult for men, who are hurt and betrayed, to get over their feelings and move forward.
5. For some, social issues hinder finding, establishing, and maintaining a healthy relationship